Latex risk?

Started by SilverLining, March 17, 2013, 08:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLining

The following link debunks one of the many made up science warnings floating around the Internet.

hoax-slayer

But, this part caught my eye.

QuoteThe information in the warning message is untrue. The coating on scratch tickets is made of specialized latex inks. There are no credible references to a compound called "Silver Nitro oxide". There are no credible medical or scientific reports that suggest that scratch ticket coating has been linked to skin cancer. There are no credible references to an organization known as the "Medical Research Authority of the US". The warning is a hoax and should not be forwarded.

I never thought about what the scratch part of a scratch ticket is made of.  I wonder if anyone has ever reacted to the latex?  Or does the UV change it?

krasota

Latex doesn't always mean natural rubber latex.  It describes a type of compound, synthetic or natural.

Those scratch off things squick me out, though.  I make someone else do them (on gift cards and the like).
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

SilverLining

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview