Introduce Yourself - We're Glad You Found Us!

Started by admin rebekahc, July 21, 2011, 10:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacecanada

Hi Dalene, welcome to the FAS community.  We have many people here with a wealth of allergy experience and knowledge.  What brings you here: do you or someone you love have food allergies?
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

GoingNuts

Welcome Dalene!  We're glad you found us.  What are your allergens?
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

stormspotter

Hi, this is stormspotter. I'm into severe weather spotting. I also have allergies to peanuts (legumes, too) , soy, sesame , and tree nuts. With peanuts, soy,  and sesame , my asthma gets in on the act. My lips swell, too.  Tree nuts make my nose run and my lips swell.  Sesame makes my lips swell and my asthma kick up, too.  I'm glad I found you guys, trying to figure out these allergies. Hummus started this whole thing off. Nearly passed out after I had it... and used my pen. Was right as rain afterward, I must be blessed. Scariest thing I ever went through, and made sure I told my doctors about it.

rebekahc

TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

GoingNuts

Welcome Stormspotter!  You've definitely come to the right place - we have lots of experience with your allergens.  :)

What part of the world are you in - US, Canada, UK, or elsewhere?
N.E. US

stormspotter

Thanks, I'm in the US. I'm interested in tornadoes , and hope one day to take a storm tour to chase these storms. Also dealing with allergies, both the food an environmental allergies... another reason why I want to try chasing by going on a storm chasing tour. I'm a spotter for the national weather service, through their Skywarn program. I'm glad I found you all and thank you for the warm welcome

rebekahc

That sounds really exciting! I've experienced several nearby tornados and find them fascinating.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

GoingNuts

Stormspotter, I live in a part of the country where tornadoes are pretty rare, but several years ago our area had two microbursts in one summer; we took a direct hit from the first one. What an experience!
N.E. US

StressedWalrus

Hi, I'm Walrus.  I have had allergies since I was a kid but I'm not sure how severe they are anymore because I've been so good at avoidance for so long it just doesn't come up until recently as my baby starts eating more solid foods and running into allergens of mine that I struggle to cook for him.  Glad to find a resource like this. 

EdwardDayton

Hello! My Name is Edward.
I'm a new user. Nice to meet you all.
I will be glad to talk with you.

Macabre

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

lyntowers

Happy to be here and hopefully my daughter will start feeling better.
Anaphylactic sulfite allergy.

GoingNuts

Welcome lyntowers. I hope we can be helpful, and that your daughter will remain reaction-free!
N.E. US

spacecanada

ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview