severe food intolerence. any experience of this anyone?

Started by eragon, March 28, 2013, 06:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eragon

so DD ate a LOT of cheese the other night, milk and soya intol, told not to have anything from an udder. (I get fed up of people wittering on about goats milk  ~)

swollen lips, very puffy.
quick need to go to the loo iyswim

itchy throat , which makes her made a rather horid gargle noise to itch it.

feeling sick, (complained food tasted odd but carried on eating it  ~))

felt tired as well, and got dark rings under eyes.

now cheese is full of histamine, and she does have enviromental allergies, so I gave her some antihistamine.

spent most of night with stomach ache with puffy lips.

to tired for school the next day.

so, in the world of intolerence are we still in it?

Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

SilverLining

Has she been tested for allergy to milk?  That sounds more like an allergy then an intolerance to me.

eragon

yes. has been by immunologists. confirmed intolerence rather than ige response.
but that was last year. am wondering if things have changed?
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

rebekahc

TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

lakeswimr

That's an IgE reaction.  Testing is not 100% accurate.  For skin and blood tests it is over 90% accurate for negative results but that leaves just shy of 10% who test falsely negative.  I know many on another board who have children who have anaphylaxis and who test negative to some foods.  Our emergency plan would call for giving the epi pen for the reaction you described.  It is a systemic reaction and serious.  Swelling of the lips is a very serious symptom and can mean there is swelling in the throat as well or that there will be and that can block breathing.  I hope you get epi pens and a written emergency plan asap.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview