login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: TinyPrints Danger Dish Card  (Read 2946 times)

Description:

Offline maeve

TinyPrints Danger Dish Card
« on: March 27, 2013, 11:05:20 PM »
I'm thinking of ordering some of these for DD to have with her.  She's nearly 12 and her social world away from mom and dad is expanding.  Any thoughts?

http://www.tinyprints.com/product/23413/allergy_alert_cards_danger_dish.html
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline GingerPye

Re: TinyPrints Danger Dish Card
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 06:48:02 AM »
http://www.foodallergy.org/document.doc?id=140

I use this chef card from FAAN/FARE for my kids, although it has changed since I've printed it before.  What I've used before had three cards on one sheet and the ability to type info on the cards before printing.  I keep an original copy here next to my printer and run more copies when needed. 
They must have changed this form when they changed to FARE.   ??

You can create your own, of course.  I wouldn't nec pay to have cards made.
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline MandCmama

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 02:17:16 PM »
I have these.  The boys love them!  I like how you are able to draft the text.  I bought the minimum amount and will likely just run copies off in the future.  If you're new to tiny prints you can find codes for $10 off your first order.
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of ‘18)

Offline maeve

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 02:41:14 PM »
I have these.  The boys love them!  I like how you are able to draft the text.  I bought the minimum amount and will likely just run copies off in the future.  If you're new to tiny prints you can find codes for $10 off your first order.

Did you use the language they had in the sample which seems geared toward eating out or did you put in text about how to handle a reaction.

I use TinyPrints for my Christmas cards and have gotten business/mom cards that have my contact info on them.  I hand out those cards to school staff when we meet at the beginning of the year, slip one in DD's purse with her meds and give them to other parents at playdates.

USA-Virginia

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 03:03:13 PM »
I make our own in Microsoft Word and just print them when we need more.  I carry some and so does DD.

I use to print on card stock.  Now I use regular paper and we tell the waitress to keep it with the order.  They love that and often leave it with the kitchen staff.  We don't need them to give it back.

Offline MandCmama

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 05:31:17 PM »
I used language similar to the sample... They are for restaurant use, so I highlighted the hot spots- clean hands, prep surfaces, utensils, grill and fryer. We have the green monster set. Feedback has been wonderful from restaurant staff.
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of ‘18)

Offline maeve

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 07:57:40 PM »
Thanks.  DD is older so I picked the reddish card with the dinner plate design. I think I will get DD's input.

USA-Virginia