FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Eggo Waffles  (Read 6012 times)

Description:

Offline Ree

Eggo Waffles
« on: March 30, 2013, 03:45:16 PM »
I've been giving my DS homemade mini muffins with eggs for the past 2 years for his daily dosing.  I would just give 1/4 of a mini muffin, since more would give him a stomach ache.  Well.. he got really tired of them.  So we switched to Eggo mini waffles.  We started with 1/4 of a mini and now he's eating 2 mini's per day.  I've been waiting for the stomach aches, but nothing.  Then it got me thinking.. maybe there isn't much egg in these.

Here's the link... egg is about 4th on the list.

http://www.leggomyeggo.com/waffles/minis-homestyle/

Would love your thoughts!   Do you think he's getting much of an egg dose in these?
DS1 (11) - PA
DS2 (9) - MA, EA, PA, TN (on baked milk for 1 year)
DS3 (7) - KNA

Offline Jessica

Re: Eggo Waffles
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 01:33:27 AM »
4th on the list could be a pretty small amount. 1/4 of a mini muffin is about a bite? Doesn't seem like enough to get tired of it but then I haven't had to eat the same thing every day.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline Ree

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 12:37:17 PM »
I think after 2 years of eating it, he's done with muffins forever!  Yes, it's 1 bite, more or less.  I made a batch of 24 mini muffins with 2 eggs and froze them.  Then, I would give him 1/4 of a mini muffin each day.  I was kinda hoping I was giving him the same amount of eggs.  He loves the Eggos and would eat as many as I'd give him.  Wish I knew the egg content!!
DS1 (11) - PA
DS2 (9) - MA, EA, PA, TN (on baked milk for 1 year)
DS3 (7) - KNA

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 02:31:22 PM »
This is why I went with brownies.  LOL.  I make them as minimuffins, too, but there is no way that my chocoholic sugarmouse is ever getting THAT tired of fudge brownies.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.