Peanut allergy in Oahu? restaurants?

Started by Stinky6, March 23, 2013, 11:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinky6

ANy hot tips - or horror stories on the north shore of Oahu? 

Scout

i will also be checking this thread
Hoping to go to Oahu this July

first time on a plane for dd......United is looking good so far.

Delta has the best times and prices but stil serves peanuts......off to google to make sure.

chase

Scout,  Not sure where you are flying from but if you have Hawaiian Air, they are peanut free.  We have flown them many times with our PA son.  United is great as well but more expensive than Hawaiian Air.
I don't know restaurants on Oahu, but if you go to the Big Island, or Maui I can help.

Stinky6

Hawaiin will no longer make an announcement about allergies. 

there were McDonald's all around - even up at the north shore

my ds ate safely at Le Le's which is on the golf course at the Turtle Bay Resort and then safely at the wedding that we went to.  Other than that we had a condo and I cooked.  He did eat Long's Whole Wheat bread without a problem. 

There is a nice Foodland up by Sunset Beach and a Long's and another market in Hawialea  (sp?)

We tried to eat at Jameson's in Hawelia (sp?) and they didn't feel comfortable serving him - we made it pretty easy for them to say no - almost encouraged it - he ate right before we went there and didn't need to eat again.  They brought him nice pineapple slices from the bar. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview