Hawaiian Airlines changed policy - will not make announcements

Started by Stinky6, April 06, 2013, 11:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinky6

Since the last time we flew there, and since we made our reservations Hawaiian Airlines has decided to stop making announcements about passengers with peanut allergy.  And if you talk to them about it they just smile and nod.  Can't really make too much of a fuss if you want to get on the plane.

I am very dissappointed.   How bad is it to just give people information?

CMdeux

Yeah, Air Canada refuses to do general cabin announcements either, and the gate agent for Aer Lingus informed me that it's "Against the law... FAA... can't make an announcement" blah-blah-blah.  Which is obviously bogus-- our United crew, the Aer Lingus flight crew both made general cabin announcements, and the trans-oceanic flight, it was a GENERAL announcement, not even cabin-specific.

So they can.  It's up to the flight crew. 

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

twinturbo

Stinky, sounds like you've been to Hawaii often? Any ideas about living there? I have a few friends' relatives that we've asked about schools, taxes, etc., but none of them have to deal with LTFA.

Stinky6

Honestly I'd love to live there.  But it's just been an odd set of circumstances that had me there 4 times in 2 years.   Unfortunately I don't think it will happen again.   My nephew (40yo+) lives there and from what I hear private school is a must.  Although I work with someone who went to HS in Honolulu and he seems more educated than many people I meet.   I wouldn't let food allergies stop me from living there - unless it had to do with mac nuts!  they are everywhere.   Luckily I haven't had to check out the hospitals - although I used to place people there (recruiter) - I think they have good facilities overall. 

twinturbo

That's makes you 3rd of 3 persons telling me that private schools are a must. Message received.

Thx!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview