Keebler Sandwich Crackers Cheese filled!!

Started by jessma03, April 21, 2013, 07:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessma03

Was wondering if anyone uses these!! We trust Keebler for their labeling but these make me nervous because of all the Peanutbutter varieties they make!!
DS--Allergic to Peanuts,Eggs,Seafood,Garlic andmany outdoor allergies!!!

PurpleCat

For us.....I won't even let DD eat Oreos because they make a peanut butter filled one.  I would not trust any filled crackers.  That's just my opinion.

Have you seen mini ritz?  This goes back quite a few years.  Different company but once I bought those and there were a few mini ritz with peanut butter sandwiched in them that should have been in a different box.  Needless to say....I stopped buying any Ritz crackers and that is when I switched to Keebler crackers.

If the kids want cheese and crackers I just put my own cheese in them and forget convenience.

Macabre

We haven't tried them. For a few years we used the Ritz Four Cheese sandwich crackers until they came out with a PB variety. I miss having the convenience.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

CMdeux

We have used them.  Reluctantly-- but-- there are times when the convenience is essential, and we've never been burned by Keebler-- something that I absolutely cannot state about that company that makes Ritz.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

maeve

Quote from: PurpleCat on April 21, 2013, 08:02:21 AM
For us.....I won't even let DD eat Oreos because they make a peanut butter filled one.  I would not trust any filled crackers.  That's just my opinion.

Have you seen mini ritz?  This goes back quite a few years.  Different company but once I bought those and there were a few mini ritz with peanut butter sandwiched in them that should have been in a different box.  Needless to say....I stopped buying any Ritz crackers and that is when I switched to Keebler crackers.

If the kids want cheese and crackers I just put my own cheese in them and forget convenience.

The mini cheese Ritz crackers are what I suspect sensitized my DD to peanut. 
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

rebekahc

Quote from: maeve on April 22, 2013, 08:53:25 AM
Quote from: PurpleCat on April 21, 2013, 08:02:21 AM

The mini cheese Ritz crackers are what I suspect sensitized my DD to peanut.

My hands broke out in hives just from handling those mini cheese Ritz crackers - they're most definitely highly contaminated. <sigh>

I've always trusted Keebler labeling, but I just can't bring myself to do the cheese sandwich crackers even though they read (and most likely are) safe.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Jessica

I am sure I remember the mini ritz cheese crackers to have a peanut warning on them, or peanut in the ingredient list.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

maeve

Quote from: Jessica on April 22, 2013, 04:34:13 PM
I am sure I remember the mini ritz cheese crackers to have a peanut warning on them, or peanut in the ingredient list.

They did list peanut at the time my daughter ate them 11 years ago (pre peanut allergy diagnosis; she never reacted to the crackers) and now they carry a may contain/shared line warning.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

hedgehog

I could never bring myself to buy the Keebler cheese-filled crackers, even though I trust their labeling.  Part of me knew they were safe, the other part felt they couldn't be.  And they were so unnecessary that it was never that big a conflict--I just didn't buy them.After DS's desensitization, I bought them once.  Again, just so unnecessary that I just have not bought them again.
USA

IowaMom

My DD has eaten these for YEARS.  I trust their labeling.  It's one of our go to snacks at home and in her snack box at school.
10 year old DD - PA only
USA

Macabre

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview