what age did you discover each allergy? or intolerence?

Started by eragon, April 08, 2013, 02:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eragon

daughter , intolerent, (so far, again,complicated  ~)) soya, milk 14yrs
has ige environmental allergies, hay fever, tree pollen, dustmite.

son 17yrs

egg 12months
peanut 13 months.
environmental allergies (suspected dog and cat) confirmed with testing. tree pollen, hay fever , dustmite cat and dog. 18 months.
15yrs mould.(he is an all year round enviromental  allergic person!)
hazel nut 2yrs
2 1/2 ys other tree nuts confirmed after testing.

kiwi fruit 3yrs

yeast extract 7yrs

legumes 2yrs

OAS 14- current. orange, mango, pineapple, strawberry

I think thats it....

Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

CMdeux

milk 6-7 mo
peanut 11 mo
egg 11 mo
wheat 12 mo
soy 12 mo
oats 26 mo
rice, corn, etc. 26-28 mo
some kind of dye allergy (red 40)-- ~3yo

all of the above without any need for testing-- pretty clear what it was, and testing just confirmed it.

apples, cherries (OAS?)-- 5-7yo
some beans -- ~6-8 yo
pistachio -- 5 yo (though we think we know when she was sensitized, and it was a LOT younger than this)
mango-- ~4-6yo never tested, but symptomatic with dried mango, probably cross-reactive with pistachio.
cashew-- 12yo
almond-- ? 7 yo

testing shows allergies to other things.  I've only listed those things that we KNOW she is reactive toward.  She also has environmental allergies, but no apparent animal allergies.

Me:

Milk-- from birth
egg-- from birth
oranges-- about 5 yo
latex-- developed slowly from age 18-24.
shellfish-- about 35yo.

I also have mild animal allergies to seemingly everything but rodents, and that one is occupational and fairly severe.  I am highly mold allergic, and also have spring pollen allergies (trees, weeds, grasses).
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

hk

Egg - first birthday
Tree nuts - 2 1/2 (major reaction to a miniscule amt of pistachio)
Peanut - 3 1/2 (had been avoiding due to tree nut allergy, contact reaction with accident exposure)
Mango - 4
Cherry - 5
Avocado - 5

And I was diagnosed with EE at age 46. 

krasota

Me: 
environmental finally dx after several years:  15-16y
latex:  18y
papaya, blue/brie/moldy cheese:  18-20y
soy, peanut, wheat, and some others developed:  20-22y
celiac: 28y (developed/triggered at 20/21, though)
carrot and tomato, pork, hazel nut and pistachio:  32y (developed during/after my first pregnancy, diagnosed about a year later)

DS:  egg, cashew/mango/pistachio:  2y

DD:  milk protein intolerance figured out when she was developmentally a newborn, but there were signs at 30w gestation/2w actual onward.  Lately (1y actual), she's been having contact reactions to her brother's dairy residue, so I think it's moving toward an actual IgE mediated allergy.  *sigh*
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

lakeswimr

He wasn't diagnosed until he was 2 but I knew he was reacting to foods from when he first tried things like d, e, sesame.  When he was 5-6 he developed 3 new fas.  two were to things he used to eat and one was to a new food he hadn't had before so may have been allergic to it all along.  The fact that he became allergic to two things he used to eat a lot worried me and caused me to be very careful trying anything new.  But now things have been stable for some years.  I do think in the back of my head he may have some other yet undiagnosed FAs to things we haven't tried yet, particularly seeds (poppy, rye, etc--we haven't tried yet.)  maybe shellfish.  Hope not. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview