FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Lundberg rice  (Read 30649 times)

Description:

Offline Jessica

Lundberg rice
« on: April 30, 2013, 03:37:27 PM »
I wanted to find some wild rice and this was the only brand the store has. Emailed and got this reply.

Thank you so much for taking the time to contact us here at the Farm.  We share your concern about allergies and have many controls in place to avoid contamination.  [/color] We understand the challenges of ensuring safe foods for your family, particularly for your daughter with severe food allergies. We are active on the Board of Directors for the Food Allergen Research and Resource Program, which works with[/color][/color]research institutions, governmental authorities, consumer groups, and scientific societies around the globe to share our experience and knowledge to improve the safety of food products for consumers with food allergies.[/i][/size][/color]Dairy, soy and sesame seeds are used within our Rice Cake facility and are therefore addressed in our Allergen Control Plan. Currently, all of our Rice Cake flavors are manufactured on a common line. The Rice Cake facility is tree nut free. [/i][/size][/color]We also provide many products that are produced in facilities that do not handle any of the commonly regulated allergens, such as all of our table rice and rice blends, rice bowls and rice syrup. Our Rice Chips, Risottos, and Cous Cous are also produced in a tree nut/peanut free facility.  We strive to continuously improve all of our food safety programs and provide clear, concise and transparent information to help our consumers make informed, healthy and safe food choices for your family. [/i][/size][/color]I hope this information helps you determine which of our products will be safe for your daughter.  Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions.[/i][/size][/color]Thank you,[/i][/size][/color]Maryann[/i][/size][/color] [/i][/size][/color] [/i][/size] [/color]--
 Maryann Xander | Lundberg Family Farms
[/i][/size]
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Lundberg rice
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 04:02:11 PM »
I have a pot of their basmati rice on the stove right now.  It's the only brand I use.  :)
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 04:26:34 PM »
We use LOTS of their brown rice.   :yes:
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline Jessica

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 08:09:02 PM »
Yikes-I need to clean up my post. Sorry-I posted it right before we left and didn't look.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline maeve

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 12:45:12 PM »
Oh yeah, I can have basmati rice again and it looks like their cous cous is safe.  Has anyone used their cous cous?
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

twinturbo

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 03:44:57 PM »
We use a lot of their brown rice. OMG it's so much more expensive compared to the 20 lb bags of Calrose I'm used to buying.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 05:29:37 PM »
We get it at Costco.

Well, we get BOTH things at Costco.  But, you know...
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 12:52:34 PM »
They are the only brand of rice and rice syrup we use too.  We have used their couscous before without incident, although it's not something we buy too often.  Their customer service is excellent every time I call. 
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline Jessica

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 08:43:21 PM »
I know it was a while ago that I posted this. I have had no luck finding Lundberg brand basmati rice (which I need for a recipe). We have no costco but I can probably get to a Kroger if they have it. The local places, including walmart, only have Mahatma brand and I remember someone here having trouble with one of their products.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 09:40:41 PM »
I know it was a while ago that I posted this. I have had no luck finding Lundberg brand basmati rice (which I need for a recipe). We have no costco but I can probably get to a Kroger if they have it. The local places, including walmart, only have Mahatma brand and I remember someone here having trouble with one of their products.

My son had issues with Mahatma yellow rice - but when I called to find out spices and more details (not related to nuts/peanuts) they were of little help to me.  We never pursued.  This was back when the crazed allergist noted he was allergic to garlic and mustard.  Per our competent allergists advice, we ate Mahatma yellow rice again with no issue.  He thinks the reaction that DS2 had was part of his uticaria and not allergen related per se.  Hard to say definitively because he was at a stage in his life where his whole system was out of whack.

http://www.mahatmarice.com/products/full_allergy.aspx  It lists no peanut/tree nut allergens (but I don't know if they are in the facility or not).
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA