FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Reaction during Boy Scout camping trip (two years later)  (Read 8981 times)

Description:

Offline Mfamom

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Hermes
Re: Reaction during Boy Scout camping trip
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 08:18:37 AM »
good job by your ds.  I'm so happy he's okay. 
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Offline Ra3chel

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013, 11:29:09 AM »
I'm glad he's okay!
Echoing everyone else here: It's great that he acted to quickly. And remember to take care of yourself!  :grouphug:
The 3 is silent.

Offline tigerlily

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 07:04:14 PM »
Thank you so much for sharing your reaction experience. So glad DS was so responsible in administering right away and troop, ER were prepared.

I'll have our son read as he is now camping with Scouts.

:grouphug:

Happy Mother's Day!
DS1-PA, TNA, SFA
DS2-NKA

Offline tigerlily

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 04:09:26 PM »
I had shown this post to DS ages ago.

He's setting off for the Ordeal tonight. He remembered your son's story. I had forgotten that it was associated with Order of the Arrow, I had associated with Scouts in general.

Thanks for a very well written post about FA and Scouts that I could show DS. His memory was better than mine and made a huge impression on him. He remembered the details about being hungry and impact on choices.

Just wanted you to know you've made an impact on this family and made life just that much better.

Thank you!

:thumbsup:

DS1-PA, TNA, SFA
DS2-NKA

Offline Greenlady

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2015, 03:31:22 AM »
I had shown this post to DS ages ago.

He's setting off for the Ordeal tonight. He remembered your son's story. I had forgotten that it was associated with Order of the Arrow, I had associated with Scouts in general.

Thanks for a very well written post about FA and Scouts that I could show DS. His memory was better than mine and made a huge impression on him. He remembered the details about being hungry and impact on choices.

Just wanted you to know you've made an impact on this family and made life just that much better.

Thank you!

:thumbsup:

Thanks, tigerlilly (one year later!).  I came back to this thread this morning because my now-16 year old son is getting ready to go to the airport to fly with his troop to Philmont, NM for a 10-day hike in the desert.   The organizers provide the nutritional information on all the trail food and we provide peanut-safe alternatives when necessary, which DS will need to carry.  He has 3 epipens and a SPOT GPS tracker/medevac signaler and I am still having a really hard time letting go.

But in two years he'll be a legal adult and making all his own decisions so I figure this is good pracitce.

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Reaction during Boy Scout camping trip (two years later)
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2015, 07:30:25 AM »
Good luck to your son and his troop Greenlady.  And  :grouphug: to you - this letting go process is very, very hard.  :console:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2015, 12:53:37 PM »
Your family is in my thoughts this next two weeks, Greenlady.   :heart:  What a major step!
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline tigerlily

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2015, 02:48:24 PM »
Back from vacation and reading this thread.

Philmont?!! Squee!!

I would love details on how to make such an amazing trip happen. PM me as I would love to hear.

Greenlady--that is a huge step. What an amazing experience it will be for him. If you get updates of his trek or if you'd like a digital gang to cheer you on--we'd love to!

Hey--let's hope he comes home more worried about where the group had to get water  :) as it is a dry season.

DS1-PA, TNA, SFA
DS2-NKA