FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Hello out there :)  (Read 2712 times)

Description:

Offline aquaria44

Hello out there :)
« on: May 07, 2013, 07:10:58 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is Kim, I'm 35 and live in central NY. I was diagnosed with a casin allergy and gluten/egg sensitivities about a year ago, and I've been navigating the allergy life up here in the land of Italian cooking while running my small retail business. Luckily I have a very understanding SO who has been quite enthusiastic about our diet/lifestyle change. Which is especially great given our isolated location! I stumbled across you guys online while searching the Internet for info about food allergy support networks, glad I found you :)

Offline SilverLining

Re: Hello out there :)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 10:46:16 PM »
Hi Kim.  Welcome.   :bye:

Offline rebekahc

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 08:24:08 AM »
Hi Kim!  I'm glad you found us, but sorry you needed to.  Feel free to jump in with questions, etc. there's lots of people here willing to help.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

twinturbo

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 08:49:14 AM »
Whey is no problem then? Was this a naturopath?

Offline mommabridget

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 10:56:40 AM »
Allergy testing at 6 years old revealed my son was allergic to casein.  He did not have a reaction history and we had not been avoiding, so we simply continued status quo.  On the other hand, the testing revealed an allergy to bakers yeast.  This was a light bulb moment that explained his gastrointestinal reaction history (he would double over in pain every time we were leaving a particular restaurant --- wherein he gouged on yeast rolls!!)

All this to say welcome -- remember that reaction history is a big part of diagnosis of an allergy. 

Also, I've been slack with my welcomes and I will try to jump in more... So WELCOME !!!!!
Have a blessed day!
DS(22) Allergic to peanuts, cashews & soy.
DD(29) Allergic to Bactrim, & iodine. 
DD(31)NKA
DGS (born June 2011) NKA
DGS (born April 2014) NKA
Louisiana, USA