story in the independent UK

Started by eragon, May 13, 2013, 03:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eragon

Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

CMdeux

Oh dear.

I now carry an Epipen with a life-saving adrenaline shot, but I am anxious about my young daughter. I will only know if she has inherited my condition once she has eaten a nut, a prospect which fills me with terror: the way antibodies work, she cannot be tested before then.

That is very sad-- that she is so worried about a SPECIFIC allergy being passed on.  What's sad about it is that no allergist has ever addressed this with her and explained that her atopic GENES may have been passed on, but that suggests very little about specific allergies.

If I followed every warning on supermarket food, I would never eat.

Okay... um...

while I understand her FRUSTRATION, and clearly this is someone with a high threshold... this is the same Roulette game that dumb Americans with FA's play, as revealed by a study to that effect.

UNFORTUNATELY, another study has also revealed that those warnings mean business.  So while I applaud Ms. Merrick for her advocacy work, I don't think that advisories are quite as evil as she makes them sound, and while they may inconvenience her, they can also save the lives of highly sensitive allergic persons.  People like my DD depend on them.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview