Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Disney Threads  (Read 3804 times)

Description: A list of Disney and Orlando ThemeparkThreads

Offline spacecanada

Re: Disney Threads
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 04:45:18 PM »
We're headed to Disney next month, and so I submitted my special diets form this week.  I've had seven Disney chefs call or email me to discuss menu options and ingredients ahead of my visit.  One chef even offered to put a small pot of oil on so I could have fried falafel, free from cross contact with potatoes in their regular fryer.  I literally cried; fried food is normally forbidden for me.  Another chef emailed me the list of ingredient brands they use in a dish so I can research them ahead of time to feel more comfortable.  This is why we go to Disney - the chefs get it and want to make meals special and safe. 
anaphylaxis to tree nuts, peanuts, potato, wheat, and sorghum

Online hezzier

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2019, 08:02:29 AM »
Thatís awesome
DS (13 yrs) TN
DD (16 yrs) cat, wasps and yellow jackets

NH, USA

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2019, 04:52:10 PM »
 :heart:
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2019, 01:31:04 PM »
More praise for Disney.  I submitted a special needs form since my PTSD is really messing me up lately with lights, sounds, and crowds, among other things.  They sent me many resources they have for various disabilities, told me where I can find quiet rooms to calm down, and even had a representative form runDisney call me to discuss the race events and both what to expect and what to do if things aren't going so well.  I was even forewarned the half marathon route goes past a fire station that often has the truck lights on - which is going to be an issue, but at least I know where and when to expect it, which is an advantage.  Hopefully it will be daylight by then so the lights won't be so irritating for me.

There's a reason why we vacation with Disney almost exclusively - and this is it.
anaphylaxis to tree nuts, peanuts, potato, wheat, and sorghum