teachers sacked after giving a child peanut butter. They LIED to PARENTS!

Started by eragon, May 07, 2013, 11:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfamom

Quote from: SilverLining on May 08, 2013, 02:02:09 PM
Quote from: twinturbo on May 08, 2013, 01:48:06 PM
. That requires a special blend of callousness, deceit and dishonor to the profession.

Absolutely.

I agree with your entire post, but this specific sentence, made me catch my breath.

QFT and this whole story and the teacher's conduct is disgusting
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Mfamom

I didn't realize their teaching certificates have been restored!  OMG...they were granted leniency by the court?  What the heck?
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

SilverLining

QuoteWatkins' lawyer said although Watkins is eager to maintain her teaching certificate, she is afraid of going back into the classroom, scared to make the same mistake.

Poor teacher. ~)  A year later and she hasn't figured up how to prevent it from happening again?

CMdeux

Wow.

If true, that sort of argues that she shouldn't get a license back.  If you are GENUINELY worried that you'd lie and cover up a threat to a student's life after making a boneheaded error that jeopardizes that student's life...

wow.  Speechless, I am.   :footinmouth:
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

twinturbo

Proclaiming the likelihood to recidivate does not obviate responsibility or guilt. Maybe people in public employ like Watkins need to job swap with another public employee like law enforcement. Once she realizes what it takes to preserve civil rights for violent felons in custody she might find it in heart to minimally preserve it for little kids in special education under her care. Or maybe she'll find out the hard way if she's ever in custody.

CMdeux

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

hopechap

and what dopey teacher comes up with a project like that in this day and age? Cutting the letter S out of a peanut butter sandwich. I learned the letter S just fine without cutting up a sandwich, thank you. And then, just like a dopey kid they feed it to him -- wanting to see, no doubt, whether something would in fact happen.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview