hoodsies?

Started by my3guys, May 16, 2013, 09:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

my3guys

I've emailed the makers of hoodsies, just wanted to see if anyone eats these ice cream cups.  I was told by another allergy mom that these were "safe".  I will post the response I get.

hezzier

Looking forward to hear the answer on this.

my3guys

Hood didn't respond by email...but I called, and here is what I was told by someone I would consider helpful.  She told me that there are peanuts/treenuts in the facilities.  The Hoodsies, however, due to the size of their container are kept separate.  She first said different fillers were used due to size of the container.  I then asked if all the ice cream was made in one big vat, and then transferred to their fillers.  She said (in a nice way) "no one's ever asked me that in my 20 years here.  I have to look into that more for you".  She called back one day later and said that the hoodsie stuff is separate from everything else, but reminded me there are nuts in the facility.

I'm not sure where I land with this.  I did appreciate a rep who understood my concern, admitted she didn't know something, researched it and called me back though.

hedgehog

I have no idea why, probably something I read here (the old place), but when DS still was PA, I trusted Hoodsies.  Not all Hood ice cream, just the Hoodsies and their soft serve (assuming that the place that had their soft serve was trustable).  BUt he had them for years, never an issue.
USA

maeve

DD has had Hoodsies a couple of times.  We're in Virginia so she's only had them at Bertucci's.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview