login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Buns  (Read 13973 times)

Description: You know, the edible kind.

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
Re: Buns
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2013, 09:56:55 PM »
Well, here they are...maybe I'll be able to find them once we move

http://www.shoprite.com/pd/Pepperidge-Farm/Hot-Dog-Buns-Top-Sliced-Classic/8-ct/014100070931/

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2013, 07:35:43 AM »
Are they going to become our Holy Grail? ~)
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

twinturbo

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2013, 10:39:46 AM »
I'm looking at some of the softest buns ever and I'm wishing they would get back in their shorts.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2013, 01:12:58 PM »
I'm looking at some of the softest buns ever and I'm wishing they would get back in their shorts.

*Snort*  Still, stripping, eh?  ;D  My younger DS did that forever.  As soon as we walked in the house, he'd leave a trail of clothing from the front door into the living room.  All you had to do to find him was follow the trail.  He even managed to strip once while still strapped into his car seat.  We never did figure out how he did it.  Imagine my surprise when I dropped elder DS at school and went around to the back of the car to take younger DS out of his car seat and found him naked!  And of course, this wasn't in the protected environment of a school parking lot.  This was 2 blocks from the school, in Queens.  ~)

Back to the subject of edible buns...

I found top sliced Pepperidge Farms buns at King Kullen today.  They listed sesame as one of the last ingredients.  And they didn't have the King's Hawaiian Rolls, which they used to.  Bugger.   :rant:

Good thing we're not planning on having burgers or dogs anytime soon.
N.E. US

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2013, 09:11:13 AM »
@ Supermarket right now. Martins rolls have sesame on ingredient list, as do the top sliced pepperidge Farm rolls. Gah!
N.E. US

Offline lakeswimr

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2013, 12:36:59 PM »
On more than one occasion I have gone through everything in the bread aisle, phone in hand, and come up with nada.  I haven't seen that particular pepperidge farms one in the link above anywhere.  Will look.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2013, 06:25:37 AM »
I decided to give Stroehmann's a call.  Yes, I know they've been bought by Bimbo, but I figured it was worth a shot.

It wasn't.  :disappointed:

First of all, I emailed them, and was surprised to get a phone call at work yesterday.  Interesting that they didn't want to put anything in writing.

A brief synopsis of our call, edited for brevity:

Me:  Are your burger and hot dog rolls cross contaminated with sesame?

Them: We label for the 8 big allergens, blah, blah, blah.

Me:  Sesame is considered a major allergen in virtually every country but the U.S., which is why I contacted Stroehmann.  What is your policy regarding sesame?

Them:  We clean thoroughly between runs of any product containing a major allergen.

Me:  Do you consider sesame to be a major allergen?

Them:  No.

Me:  So would you include a X-contam statement, or list sesame in the list of ingredients if there was a chance that the product could contain it?  (At this point I was just playin' with her; I knew there was no way in h3ll I'd be buying these buns.)

Them:  Probably not.

Me:  So, your rolls most likely do contain sesame or traces of sesame, but aren't labeled as such.

Them:  Yes.

End of call.  Explosion of expletives on my part.

We have a brand new PA working with us.  She does not have allergies, nor does anyone in her family.  Even she knew that sesame is an allergen increasing in frequency.  Sheesh.
N.E. US