is there a safe sesame oil (for PA/TNA)?

Started by Jessica, March 12, 2013, 02:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

I know some trust Eden foods. Any other brands that you know of?
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

twinturbo

Kadoya or Shirakiku. The last I'm not sure about anymore could be the same parent company for both brands, though.

Jessica

Thanks. I emailed Kadoya and got an answer quickly:

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you very much for your message.

Regarding your concerning, we do not produce any products containing peanuts
or tree nuts in the production line of Kadoya pure sesame oil.

If you had further question, please feel free to contact us at anytime.

Best regards,
Naoko Araki
KADOYA SESAME MILLS INC.
SALES EXECUTION DEPARTMENT
Tel +81-3-3492-5501 Fax +81-3-3492-4575
http://www.kadoya.com/

I haven't found the Shirakiku website yet. If Shirakiku is safe in general, that would be great. I miss Ramune soda from when I was a kid and when I was searching, I saw that they make some.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

twinturbo

Ah, ramune! I'm a Calpis person myself, or at least was before the milk allergy. And mugicha before the barley allergy.

Jessica

We drank gallons of Calpis when we were kids. And my mom has one friend that was so opposed to anything "rotten" as she called it so she would not drink Calpis and of course, no Natto for her (one of my favorite foods ever-too bad I have to drive at least an hour to buy it).

Never was a big fan of mugicha. Loved coffee milk though.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Mezzo

Thanks, guys!  I'm in search of sesame oil that's safe for PA, too.  And oyster sauce.  Haven't found that yet, either.

bleh

Since we're talking about ramune and calpis, has anyone tried Hello Panda snacks? I was looking at the boxes the other day and the milk cream flavored ones have a peanut and tree nut warning but the other flavors don't. I have no idea how the milk cream ones can be contaminated while the chocolate ones are safe...
DD: PA/TNA/EA (baked eggs are okay)

twinturbo

Those are Meiji brand. Check the place of manufacture because Meiji brand has presence in various countries. Maybe look for another parent company label, too, I've bought butter flavor coconai biscuit in the last 2 years that labeled for shared line with soy which was way beyond my expectation. Kraft was the parent company. I'd be hesitant on any of nut creams because even by US labeling they're not required to disclose shared equipment. Frustratingly inconsistent.

bleh

Yeah, they're Meiji brand and they were from Singapore. They were all from the same factory so i found it odd that the milk creme had a warning while the other 3 flavors didn't. I found contact info for them so I'll try emailing them. I also noticed the other day that all the pocky items at my store were not safe for peanut / tree nut allergies. Booooo!
DD: PA/TNA/EA (baked eggs are okay)

Jessica

Got the Kadoya sesame oil and used it for tonight's supper. No problems at all. Thanks again! Here's the recipe I used it in: http://elizabethbryant.blogspot.com/2010/05/korean-beef.html
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview