FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Little Debbie  (Read 16449 times)

Description: Some good news, sort of?

Offline starlight

Little Debbie
« on: June 05, 2013, 02:04:28 PM »
The long and short of it, is I was raised pre-advisory statements and I really miss Zebra Cakes and Christmas Trees now that I have no Hostess things to replace them with.

I posted a message to Little Debbie's facebook page. Here's the message. I took a little dramatic license here and there to get my point across:

Will you ever be getting a peanut/treenut free manufacturing facility? Hostess used to be the go-to brand and now that they're out of business/transitioning, we're adrift without a snack cake. Now is the absolute perfect time for you to make this happen! 1 in 100 children have nut allergies, and while cures are in the works, it may still take decades. Allergies affect the child's entire family - nut-allergic children's parents will likely not buy Little Debbie for themselves or their other children either. Little Debbie is definitely NOT on many classrooms' safe snack lists. That's so many more customers you could gain. In recent years, Keebler has done it, Dove/Mars has done it, Pillsbury has done it, Nestle Canada has done it. Please follow their example!

And here's their response:

We appreciate your concern and thank you for your comments. Most of our products are indeed made in shared facilities or on shared production lines with nut-containing products. A limited number of our products are made in a facility that does not process peanut or tree nuts. Please call our consumer affairs staff at 1-800-522-4499. They may be able to help you locate those products.

I have yet to call, because I hate talking on the phone. Hate. And the Zebra Cakes in my local stores have warnings so I doubt I'd be getting any good news on that front. So if any of you don't hate the phone and actually call them, let us know what they say please!

Offline YouKnowWho

Re: Little Debbie
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 05:55:50 PM »
I would call on each product everytime.  Having said that, I have a friend whose son is pn/tna whose DH works for Little Debbie.  I can try to get her to reply here...
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
Re: Little Debbie
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 11:13:27 AM »
It'd be nice if they knew how much we all want a peanut/tree nut free facility since we lost Hostess as a safe food... would it really hurt them to make one facility dedicated to PN/TN things?   :disappointed:
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3