login
Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: posting ? about fish allergy for a new member  (Read 2182 times)

Description:

Offline AdminCM

• Administrator
posting ? about fish allergy for a new member
« on: June 09, 2013, 08:18:26 PM »
A new member asked Rebekah and I the following question-- reposting this here for her:

Has anyone had any problems with Grouper? Had some last night and my bottom half and face are covered in hives!

twinturbo

Re: posting ? about fish allergy for a new member
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 10:03:34 AM »
Again requesting FAS fact-checking on my posts especially since we're talking sulfites but reading that OP's post it's too much shotgun approach. I think if she's suspecting a fish allergy and has a diagnosed IgE-mediated shellfish allergy it's time for some in office challenges. This is all assuming OP is the one who is tiring of a super restricted diet. I'm not familiar with how natural sulfites in foods factor in to avoidance and types of reactions or how similar/different it is to food allergy but in light of the severity of known reaction history I'd think seeing through the grouper first would be a logical next step. Chasing naturally occurring sulfites in foods seems like, well, a chase if the big ticket hive-inducing foods aren't resolved.