login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: posting ? about fish allergy for a new member  (Read 5435 times)

Description:

Offline AdminCM

• Administrator
posting ? about fish allergy for a new member
« on: June 09, 2013, 08:18:26 PM »
A new member asked Rebekah and I the following question-- reposting this here for her:

Has anyone had any problems with Grouper? Had some last night and my bottom half and face are covered in hives!

twinturbo

Re: posting ? about fish allergy for a new member
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 10:03:34 AM »
Again requesting FAS fact-checking on my posts especially since we're talking sulfites but reading that OP's post it's too much shotgun approach. I think if she's suspecting a fish allergy and has a diagnosed IgE-mediated shellfish allergy it's time for some in office challenges. This is all assuming OP is the one who is tiring of a super restricted diet. I'm not familiar with how natural sulfites in foods factor in to avoidance and types of reactions or how similar/different it is to food allergy but in light of the severity of known reaction history I'd think seeing through the grouper first would be a logical next step. Chasing naturally occurring sulfites in foods seems like, well, a chase if the big ticket hive-inducing foods aren't resolved.