CFIA collecting feedback

Started by SilverLining, June 28, 2015, 01:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLining

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/food/labelling/labelling-modernization-initiative/consultations/collecting-feedback/eng/1378236636065/1378236761342

QuoteThe Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is seeking feedback on options to change food labels and the food labelling system. Specific options, such as revising the format of best before dates, expanding food class names (i.e., "vegetable oil" or "flavour"), changing the required contact information for food dealers, and developing a plan to modernize food compositional standards are proposed in an online survey for comment. The survey will be available until June 30, 2015.

This is the second phase of consultations for the CFIA's Food Labelling Modernization initiative. A summary report of the first consultation phase is available on the CFIA website.

Please note that in order for your feedback to be accepted for consideration, the privacy agreement at the beginning of the survey must be answered. While we encourage you to complete the full survey, you have the option with the rest of the questions to skip forward or answer "not applicable". Also, the survey can be saved at any point and re-visited up to June 30, 2015.

SilverLining

I want to point out, one of the questions referred to what country you are in. If you purchase food processed in Canada...especially because of allergies...I think you should involve yourself in this.

You have the option of skipping any questions you do not have an opinion on, and there are also several places to type in comments.

~~~

Sorry for being slow with this. It expires Tuesday.

spacecanada

I added many comments, several maxing out the 250 word limit.  Declaring spices and sugars as their component ingredients, holding industry accountable to transparency (force them to give more than 'good cleaning practices' answers), label all priority allergens consistently (bolder in ingredients or ALL listed at the bottom), mandatory contact phone and or email on all packaging, mandatory cautionary labels for shared equipment (or facility) with priority allergens, and some other comments. I may be just one voice, but if I do not speak they will never hear it.  And I can dream, right?
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

SilverLining

Look how far our voices have brought us since the nineties.

In comments I included that we need consistent definitions...for things like free of and may contain. I also included something about component labelling. Sorry...I don't remember exactly what.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview