FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: General Mills USA - KIX cereal  (Read 4004 times)

Description:

Offline candyguru

General Mills USA - KIX cereal
« on: June 16, 2013, 06:42:47 PM »

This post is USA specific.

Anyone eat KIX cereal from the United States manufactured by General Mills (re wheat/gluten).  There are no gluten/wheat ingredients and no may contain (General Mills Cocoa Puffs are labelled 'may contain wheat' so they seem to label for cross contamination).

Just wondering if anyone in the USA avoiding wheat/gluten actually eats KIX cereal?
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Offline YouKnowWho

Re: General Mills USA - KIX cereal
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 08:20:47 PM »
DS1 did but to be honest, it was many years ago.

Might be worth a call or email to them directly.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 09:42:50 PM »
I believe they do label for shared lines but they do not have advisory labeling for shared facilities.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

twinturbo

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 11:53:06 AM »
GM does label specific cereals as gluten free, Kix is not one of them. However, they typically label quite well so I suspect it's a shared facility with wheat/barley/rye but not a shared line. Smaller DS not old enough for the puff shape IMO so he hasn't tried it yet. We've been sticking to GF Chex.

Offline candyguru

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 10:12:29 AM »
Thanks TwinTurbo!  We use gluten-free Chex all the time.  We recently tried the vanilla Chex flavour and our kids love it too.
p.s. I still need to send you an email which I will attempt to write this week  :bye:
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

twinturbo

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 10:44:48 AM »
Good timing - I was about to send my new address and also our friends' place in Vancouver. We might even attempt a run at Victoria Butchart Gardens next summer.