Flax Seed Cracker

Started by hezzier, June 28, 2013, 06:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hezzier

So I found a new "cracker" today.  I've been craving cheese and crackers recently and DH is a paleo guy so he won't eat crackers.  It's really called a Flacker and is made by a company called Doctor in the Kitchen.

http://www.drinthekitchen.com/index.html

It's labeled as Nut Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan and non-GMO.  We tried Savory which has some spice to it and Rosemary.  I tried them plain and wasn't impressed with the flavor, but with a piece of cheese it wasn't bad.  DH thought they were great and will probably snack on them.

Macabre

Wow. I am always looking for foods high in O3s since we don't eat fish and dS is vegetarian. Do you see sesame on the label?

I can buy these at Lund's, Byerly's, and Kowalskis---all high end grocers here in Minnesota but my favorites. I will look at the packaging.

Thanks!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

hezzier

No sesame on the label, but I didn't call either since DS will not like them.

Made in Minneapolis,MN.

Macabre

Oh, well maybe I will run into them at the Y! 

Thanks. I'll give them a call in the next week.

becca

I see they have these at Whole Foods, and at 2 other small independent grocers/health food places in my town, next town.  Will have to try them(for me, not dd, lol).  I try to do low carb, in between my cheating.  ;) But the kids might like them, too.  Dd likes dry crunchy foods.   
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Macabre

We bought the cinnamon ones at WF here the other day. DS says they're okay. Not fab. I tasked him with contacting the company to find out if they are safe for me (turnabout is fair play), but he couldn't find their phone number on the website--only email.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview