Peanut Butter Poptarts

Started by Princess Cheese, July 06, 2013, 12:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Cheese

Well, if finding a bug in my Poptart a couple years ago didn't turn me off to Poptarts, these sure do!  Even my non-allergic hubby said "GROSS!"

U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

Jessica

Kellogg's has posted several times on their facebook page (in response to questions asked) that these are made in a separate facility and are sold in different color boxes and different color foil wrappers to make sure no one buys/serves them in error. Just in case anyone else didn't find a bug in their poptarts and still likes them. lol
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

joshsmom

I saw those also. Thank you Jessica for the information.

Princess Cheese

haha, oops, guess I haven't liked them on FB yet.  Sorry for the post lol.

2 girls & 3 boys <3

Jessica

I don't think I liked them either. I went to their page after hearing about these and was able to look at posts even without liking them.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Princess Cheese

Ahh.. I went there but didn't see anything about allergy warnings or anything.. then again, I've been pretty MIA from everything for a few months.

2 girls & 3 boys <3

Jessica

It was in the 'recent posts by others' but by now these posts are probably long buried. If you ask though, they'll probably confirm. I found this though.

http://www.foodallergy.org/alerts/ingredient-notices-feed

April 2013 - Pop-Tarts launches two new flavors
4/15/2013
The Kellogg Company would like you to know that starting in May, 2013, Pop-Tarts will launch two new flavors of toaster pastries under the Pop-Tarts Gone Nutty!™ label. The flavors, Pop-Tarts Gone Nutty! ™ Peanut Butter toaster pastries and Pop-Tarts Gone Nutty! ™ Frosted Chocolate Peanut Butter toaster pastries will contain Wheat, Peanut, Milk, Soy and Almond ingredients. The addition of the new flavors will not impact the allergen composition of the current toaster pastry varieties. 
Kellogg Company has a commitment to allergen management and is confident that these new Pop-Tarts® toaster pastries varieties cannot cross-contaminate with any of our current flavor varieties due to production in separate facilities. The new flavors will also have very different carton graphics and inner packaging foil to alert consumers to the nut allergens in the food.  The cartons for the peanut flavors are orange in color with the phrase ""Gone Nutty" under the Pop-tart name.  In addition, the foil wrapper is gold in color with the allergen statement printed on front and side panel.     

The new packaging graphics are:

The new Kellogg's® Pop-Tarts Gone Nutty! ™ allergen advisory statement will include Contains Wheat, Peanut, Milk, Soy and Almond ingredients. The allergen statement will appear on the cartons and packages of our new Pop-Tarts Gone Nutty! ™ Frosted Chocolate Peanut butter and Peanut Butter flavored toaster pastries. No advisory statement will appear on current Pop-tarts toaster pastries ® varieties.
Because product formulations may change from time to time, consumers are strongly encouraged to read the package label prior to every purchase. For more information, contact us at 800-962-1413 or visit our website at
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Princess Cheese

well, at least that's reassuring.  Thanks for posting!

2 girls & 3 boys <3

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview