login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Does anyone here have the same allergies as me?  (Read 2757 times)

Description:

Offline aprilulliott

• My Facebook page
Does anyone here have the same allergies as me?
« on: July 07, 2013, 02:42:29 PM »
Right basically I was diagnosed with wheat, soya, egg white, milk, peanut and cod allergies on Friday which was marked as grade 5 (I don't really understand what grade 5 means just yet I'm seeing my nurse tomorrow about it) I'm just really confused and cautious about eating now. Now I can't have it I reaaaaaaally want chocolate :) haha. Oh damn chocolate is so good! But anyway is there anyone else like me too? I'd like to talk to someone with the same allergies, I really don't know what to eat

April 💗
💗🍀so much love an support for my fellow allergy sufferers🍀💗

Online spacecanada

Re: Does anyone here have the same allergies as me?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 07:01:36 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  You will find a lot of great advice and support here.  Adjusting to new allergies is challenging but you will find safe items like chocolate that won't contain your allergens.  Keep your eye our for No Nuttin/Libre Naturals or Enjoy Life chocolate as they all free of the top 11+ allergens.  :)
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 04:40:55 PM »
Are you in the UK?  I was thinking that because you mentioned having Certain foods for Tea. Was that you?  Eragon could be a very helpful member to keep up with.

Some dark chocolate can be safe. You'll need to ask about manufacturing practices.

Do visit the specific allergy forums we have.

Glad you found this place!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline SweetandSour

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 09:41:52 PM »
Hi! Sorry you have to be here, but glad you found us!
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline lakeswimr

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 08:29:52 PM »
Welcome!  I wonder what prompted you to get allergy testing.  Did you have some reactions?  Testing is not all that accurate for positive results so if any of those were diagnosed just by test results alone they could be false positives.  In the past have you had reactions when you ate those foods?