FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Favorite Hot Weather Meals  (Read 5900 times)

Description: Help!

Offline hedgehog

Re: Favorite Hot Weather Meals
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 12:56:18 PM »
Just got back from blueberry kicking.  Tomorrow will feature chilled blueberry soup as an appetizer.  I already committed to Mac & cheese as a main dish (making dinner for the family of the guy who ws in the accident about a month ago). 
USA

Offline GingerPye

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 06:21:45 PM »
soooo, wondering how far you can kick blueberries?   :dunce:  LOL
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 06:48:08 PM »
Oops.  I meant blueberry picking.  Not sure if it was a typo or autocorrect.
USA

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 07:03:57 PM »
LOL!  Gotta love autocorrect.  ;D

I'm going to have to look at some crock recipes;  those probably strike a good compromise between not heating up the house and being filling enough for the dudes.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 10:40:33 PM »
If you can stand doing a quick stir fry, I made lettuce cups tonight.  I did not use a recipe, but diced celery, green onion, orange and yellow peppers and mixed steaming greens I had on hand, and cooked with ground turkey, ginger and garlic, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, hoisen sauce and toasted sesame oil, and a pinch or two of sugar.  Ate it in Boston lettuce cups.  Any leaf lettuce that tears into nice big leaves will work.  Garnished with fresh cilantro while eating. 

Do the turkey first and set aside and then the veggies and combine back in the pan at the end.   
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline nameless

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 04:54:42 PM »
I forgot about quesadillas! I use leftovers or shred up a grocery store roasted chicken, or go all veggie.

Adrienne
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Offline Mfamom

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Hermes
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 06:02:20 PM »
trying to figure out what to make for dinner.  it is too hot for the oven and really too hot to grill LOL

I can't think of anything that appeals to my dh.  ds is at a friends for dinner tonight. 

UGH
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 06:48:04 PM »
DS and I had tacos tonight.  DD went out with friends, DH came home from work late (just walked in actually), and neither of them likes tacos.  But DS really likes them, and I kind of do (I could get sick of them quickly if we had them more often).  I actually had a taco salad, DS had tacos.  And we had fresh fruit in the side, including watermelon mint feta salad.  And I had corn on the cob.  Only a very short time on the stove for both taco meat and corn.  Not bad for the heat.
USA