Dove chocolate

Started by candyguru, August 09, 2015, 07:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

candyguru

When visiting the USA, we always find it difficult to find safe chocolate.  The regular size Hershey bar is safe, but I don't think it is made from chocolate as it tastes like waxy sour milk (no resemblance to chocolate)

However, we visited Pittsburgh last week (a great city for kids... So many attractions!!) And found Dove chocolate squards at Walmart and Target.So many varieties... Dark chocolate, caramel, dark chocolate mint, etc

No warnings for peanuts, nuts, etc... And they taste delicious! No sour milk taste at all!

So glad to know there is some safe chocolate we can pick up during our visits to the USA :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Mfamom

Pittsburg really does have some great stuff to do.  their science center is awesome!!  My dh grew up there and we've been there a lot!  I haven't been on the allergy radar for awhile, but my ds would no longer eat Hersheys after eating Dove LOL 
Just so you know, some grocery stores have International Isle with candy. 
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

momma2boys

peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

Jessica

So weird. When I buy hershey's kisses they're gone in a flash. When I buy dove chocolates they sit until they turn white and I throw them away. The only ones I buy anymore are the strawberry/chocolate that come out around Valentine's day. And we eat Pascha chocolate so it's not as if we've never had good quality chocolate...
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

becca

dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

PurpleCat

We prefer Dove over Hershey's.  And we prefer Vermont Nut Free over Dove!

candyguru

Hi Jessica,
We just find the Hershey bar has a sour milk taste. The Dove chocolate just tastes so much better to us (though part of it is that we like dark chocolate ....the dark chocolate mint Dove squares are our favourites). 

-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

joshsmom

My children love Hershey, but my husband and I prefer Doves.

nameless

I love the Dove Promises and stock up --- I've been extremely happen to see the Sea Salt Caramel ones ARE SAFE! I like the mint chocolate ones too. The sea salt caramel are awesome cold from the fridge.
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview