FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: TWINKIES are back today?  (Read 16504 times)

Description:

Offline joshsmom

TWINKIES are back today?
« on: July 15, 2013, 07:35:07 AM »
Has anyone seen if these read safe?

Offline gufyduck

Re: TWINKIES are back today?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 09:04:42 AM »
Saw this around the internet

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-twinkies-20130715,0,6952668.story

And, the company has plans in the works to update its snack cake line to include products that are more appealing to younger consumers, lighter on the calories and possibly gluten free. Don't rule out new treats flavored with peanut butter or packaged in bite-sized portions, said executives at Hostess

Offline joshsmom

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 10:49:33 AM »
Of course....darn it!

Offline starlight

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 10:51:27 AM »
There's a contact form on their website. I've sent a pleading message to keep PB products in a seperate facility. http://hostesscakes.com/About - form is toward the bottom.

Offline jasper740

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 11:16:56 AM »
I did just call them, I only asked about peanuts though since that is all I am concerned about & was told that ALL of their facilities are peanut free.  ;D

Offline Jessica

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 12:15:59 PM »
I did just call them, I only asked about peanuts though since that is all I am concerned about & was told that ALL of their facilities are peanut free.  ;D
I'm wondering how long that will be true, since they seem to be threatening to make peanut butter flavored ones.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 01:51:30 PM »
No, I did not make these but since Twinkies are back, thought I would post them

DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 02:58:32 PM »
Someone on facebook said they called and there are walnuts in the facility but not on the same lines. They are not labeled for shared facility with walnut.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 02:59:58 PM »
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline joshsmom

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 03:10:59 PM »
There is no nut warning? TWINKIES here always had the warning. I hope they come out with the chocolate cupcake again!

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 03:24:53 PM »
Someone on facebook said they called and there are walnuts in the facility but not on the same lines. They are not labeled for shared facility with walnut.

Facility 2300 has the walnuts from my understanding but not all of the facilities that make Twinkies have walnuts.

Can I just say that I really hate codes and I remember why I never bought anything from certain companies that tell me which codes to look for.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline jasper740

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 04:05:59 PM »
I'm wondering how long that will be true, since they seem to be threatening to make peanut butter flavored ones.

I asked the rep about that & she hadn't heard anything about them having any plans to do so.....fingers crossed that they don't!

Offline joshsmom

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 05:20:29 PM »
Only Walmart has them here! I sent my dh to store. Giant said they are at Walmart.

Offline Jessica

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 05:51:59 PM »
Seems like the consistent information is walnut in the facility, but not on the same lines. They will only put a warning for same-equipment. Not for same facility.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 07:19:07 PM »
Found package in store with peanut/nut warning.

From their Facebook page.

Are any of your products safe for people with peanut/nut allergies? Are warnings put on any products that may be in contact with those allergens? I could not find this info on your web page. TIA
Like ·
Top Comments

Hostess: Thanks for reaching out! All of our products will be nut-free except our Mini Muffins! Be sure to check our packaging for information about allergens.
Like · Reply · 7 hours ago
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 01:25:39 PM by SilverLining »