Encasing pillows and mattresses

Started by Mookie86, July 16, 2013, 07:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mookie86

I see the thread on this subject is really old, so I'm wondering if people still recommend Mission Allergy or National Allergy when purchasing encasing for pillows and mattresses.

YouKnowWho

I use whatever brand (I think AllerEase) carried by Walmart or Target.

We bought the more expensive one and it shredded in the same amount of time.  I would rather just replace periodically with a more affordable product.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

CMdeux

Us, too.  I buy ours at K-mart, Target, or BB&B, whoever has the best prices at the time.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

krasota

I still buy from National Allergy for mine.  I find that going higher in cost/quality results in quieter encasings with less sweating.  Regular store models might be better these days, I don't know.  I've bought some encasings from Target.  I can't tell if DH and DS are just sweatier people or if the encasings they have on that bed are less breathable.
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

GingerPye

I could swear I posted in this thread earlier . . . ?  who knows.

We have encasings from National Allergy.  Our allergist recommended this company but also said he did not endorse the company --- just offering info he had.  I bought the better encasings that N. A. offers -- as I recall there are different levels of quality or something.  I've been happy with them.  They are well-made and they last; very thin and quiet. 
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview