FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: E95 basic food panel  (Read 4408 times)

Description: How reliable it is? Allergic to current diet

Offline d_allergy

E95 basic food panel
« on: July 11, 2013, 11:30:45 PM »
Hi all,

I am very happy to find this forum. I am going thru fertility treatment and my doc recommanded to see naturopath. Just got E95 basic food panel test results which was prescribed by my naturopath.

I am 34 year old indian female who is vegetarian. My diet include wheat(roti) , dairy, lentil turmeric. This is something I have been eating whole my life and don't see any obvious symptom of allergy.

E95 basic food panel show really high level (wheat 1798, milk 1619 , lentil 1114, gluten 2044) in 'avoid' category.

I consider myself pretty healthy so this was a big shock to me. Still trying to understand it. I am not sure what can I eat if I stop all above stuff?

Can anyone please help me understand if this test is reliable? How can I be allergic to everything that I have been eating past 30+years?

Thank you very much in advance.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: E95 basic food panel
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 11:43:57 PM »
You are right to be skeptical.  There is pretty much zero validity to your food panel, I'm afraid. 

If you're undergoing fertility treatments, be aware that compromising good nutrition by eliminating healthy sources of protein from your diet can really impair your ability to carry a pregnancy.   As a vegetarian, I'd need pretty convincing evidence to give up a legume or milk in your position, and this food panel is not convincing in light of what you've stated-- you've been eating those things for decades with NO obvious ill effects.

A naturopath can be helpful with many things-- food allergy is NOT one of those things, however.

Good luck with your treatments, by the way.   :)

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline krasota

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 12:00:33 AM »
That panel is fairly unreliable.  I wouldn't rely on it, especially with a lack of obvious allergic reactions.

That said, if you're having unexplained fertility issues, there has been concern over what might be a rising prevalence of celiac disease in some parts of India.  Celiac sprue can be implicated in fertility problems.  I wouldn't cut out wheat right away, I'd talk to your doctor or a gastroenterologist.  May not be an issue, but it's a thought.

Good luck.
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

Offline lakeswimr

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 08:05:17 AM »
The test is not reliable and the results are meaningless, unfortunately.

I wonder if you have the book, 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility'.  I found that helpful. 

Best wishes!