Genetic Glitch at the Root of Allergies -article

Started by IowaMom, July 25, 2013, 12:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMdeux

This is really promising--  losartan and lisinopril are ACE inhibitors-- NOT beta blockers.  (Though also not without some risk re: epi, because they still interact with that angiotensin pathway--http://journals.lww.com/anesthesiology/Fulltext/1996/04000/Long_term_Angiotensin_converting_Enzyme_Inhibitor.5.aspx] [url]http://journals.lww.com/anesthesiology/Fulltext/1996/04000/Long_term_Angiotensin_converting_Enzyme_Inhibitor.5.aspx[/url] )

On the other hand, I know several people who have been treated with one or the other for many years without any appreciable improvement in allergic disease that was pre-existing.

It could be that it only works as a preventative.  Which would still be pretty awesome, just not for those of us at FAS who already have LTFA.

Pretty fascinating stuff-- this is the line of inquiry that Boo and I were both so intrigued by a few years back.  It also makes me wonder something....

<off to post a poll question>

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

maeve

I think it's amusing that I take losartan (actually a version combined with HCTZ, a diuretic) for my blood pressure.  I'm trying to think if my allergies have been any better.  I haven't had the eczema flares on my hands that I've had the past few years.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview