Carapelli olive oil

Started by hk, July 20, 2013, 07:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hk

Does anyone knowif this is safe? On vacation and my bottle of safe olive oil broke.  This is all I can find.  Thanks!

twinturbo

Any chance you're near a Walmart? Only because I have a bottle of Great Value that reads without any warnings.

candyguru

We have used Colavita extra virgin olive oil for years, and it has no warnings.  It has proven safe for our peanut, tree nut, milk, wheat, sesame, egg, and legume allergic kids so I personally consider Colavita safe.  Colavita is available at many stores in North America as it is a common brand and good quality.

Don't buy Spectrum olive oil.. saw it at Whole Foods and it has a peanut warning on the label.

Not sure about Carapelli but would tend to think it should be okay but no proof..  although I did find a blog that states the writer checked with Carapelli and said it was free of peanuts/nuts.. here is the link:

http://nut-freemom.blogspot.ca/2009/02/nut-free-olive-oil-updates.html
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

GoingNuts

I've used Colavita, Carapelli, and Bertoli for years.  Can't remember when I called, must have been eons ago, so definitely worth checking again.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview