login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Carapelli olive oil  (Read 2828 times)

Description:

hk

Carapelli olive oil
« on: July 20, 2013, 07:04:49 PM »
Does anyone knowif this is safe? On vacation and my bottle of safe olive oil broke.  This is all I can find.  Thanks!

twinturbo

Re: Carapelli olive oil
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 01:46:45 PM »
Any chance you're near a Walmart? Only because I have a bottle of Great Value that reads without any warnings.

Offline candyguru

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 10:36:03 PM »
We have used Colavita extra virgin olive oil for years, and it has no warnings.  It has proven safe for our peanut, tree nut, milk, wheat, sesame, egg, and legume allergic kids so I personally consider Colavita safe.  Colavita is available at many stores in North America as it is a common brand and good quality.

Don't buy Spectrum olive oil.. saw it at Whole Foods and it has a peanut warning on the label.

Not sure about Carapelli but would tend to think it should be okay but no proof..  although I did find a blog that states the writer checked with Carapelli and said it was free of peanuts/nuts.. here is the link:

http://nut-freemom.blogspot.ca/2009/02/nut-free-olive-oil-updates.html
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 06:23:35 AM »
I've used Colavita, Carapelli, and Bertoli for years.  Can't remember when I called, must have been eons ago, so definitely worth checking again.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US