North Star Ice Cream treats (Midwest only?)

Started by hezzier, August 06, 2013, 12:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hezzier

This information was posted by a friend of mine on a local allergy/asthma support group FB page.  I trust her completely and often go to her for local info.  I don't know how far from St. Louis NorthStar Ice Cream treats are available, but thought I'd post anyway.

DS always ate ice cream treats with the STL code because they were peanut and tree nut free until last summer when they added a toffee ice cream bar.  After a phone call to the plant, we then allowed him to eat only the ice cream sandwiches and nothing on a stick.

Here is the latest info from my friend:
I checked up on North Star's PN-free plant again and here is the response I got. Love them! "As of this email, and the near future, the St. Louis Plant is definitely peanut-free. There are no products that we make in this plant that have any peanuts in them. However, there is one product that we make that we have to consider as having tree nuts in it and that is the North Star English Toffee Bar. Because toffee is made from almonds, we must take measures to isolate that product from production of other items; even though we do not run it very often. It is made by itself and not run back-to-back with any other item. Before and after each production run of toffee, the machine and it's support equipment are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. Our sister plant in Indiana also thoroughly cleans the equipment between production runs, but be aware that they will run products containing peanuts on the same production floor as those that do not. Each person must decide personally the peanut tolerance level for themselves. To insure that you are getting products that are peanut free from North Star, look at the Best By Code date on the package. Along with the Best By Code there will be a set of numbers that tells you in which plant the product is made. St. Louis = 29-277 Indiana = 18-497 "

Jessica

I'm willing to bet that it's all from Indiana here. I'll check though-thanks!
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview