login
Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Denver  (Read 911 times)

Description:

Offline DoubleAs

Denver
« on: August 04, 2013, 08:44:32 AM »
We're headed to Denver soon to visit family and I'm looking for some safe restaurant options.  Chipotle is our fave and Denver is obviously home to Chipotle.  I have heard that Maggiano's is good with allergies and we might try that.  My son is allergic to eggs and tree nuts and I would strongly prefer a restaurant that is tree nut free.  Thanks!

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: Denver
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 08:02:34 PM »
I do not deal with an egg allergy and DS is no longer allergic to treenuts, though we did eat at Maggiano's when he was. It is a happy, safe place for us--though they do use my allergens. 

The chef typically comes to the table to chat with us. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline hezzier

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 10:53:11 PM »
I've unlocked this topic (assuming it was a mistake)
DS (13 yrs) TN
DD (16 yrs) cat, wasps and yellow jackets

NH, USA

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 02:56:44 PM »
Bumping and hoping for some help -- esp in Lakewood area.

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Offline DoubleAs

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 08:22:07 PM »
There's definitely Chipotle in Lakewood.  If you're around downtown Denver, we loved Pizzeria Locale.

Offline hezzier

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 11:51:56 AM »
My sister was in Denver yesterday and they went to a place called Vesta that was completely dialed into allergies.  She said the hostess asked them when they checked if there were any allergies or dietary concerns...2 are vegetarians and 1 also avoids dairy, they were given specific menus.  There is a nut free menu on line.  They have two other restaurants called Stueben's and Ace...haven't had time to look at their menus. 

Sounds like a good place to check out if we are ever in the area.
DS (13 yrs) TN
DD (16 yrs) cat, wasps and yellow jackets

NH, USA