hot air popper

Started by Jessica, August 12, 2013, 09:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

We bought a hot air popper (brand new over the internet) and dd is nervous about eating popcorn from it because you can't wash out the inner part where the popcorn pops. I wiped it out with a damp cloth. I told her I would ask, so I'm asking. Not a problem, right?  :watch:

btw I'm using pop secret brand popcorn kernels.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Macabre

I can't imagine that'd be problematic.  I'd do it.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

CMdeux

We go through a hot-air-popper about every 28-35 months.

Never a problem.  We use Jollytime or Orville Reddenbacker's in the BIG jug from Costco in ours.

We eat a lot of popcorn.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Jessica

Thanks to both of you. It makes her feel better if other people have had no problems.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

nameless

I did the same thing - wipe out with a damp paper towel and then dry :)  No problems :)

...is she worried about nut/pn/allergen residue or just manufacturing chemicals?

Adrienne
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

bleh

Quote from: Jessica on August 12, 2013, 09:38:57 PM
We bought a hot air popper (brand new over the internet) and dd is nervous about eating popcorn from it because you can't wash out the inner part where the popcorn pops. I wiped it out with a damp cloth. I told her I would ask, so I'm asking. Not a problem, right?  :watch:

btw I'm using pop secret brand popcorn kernels.

Is she just concerned about someone making unsafe popcorn in it?
DD: PA/TNA/EA (baked eggs are okay)

Jessica

I'm not sure she is even sure of what she's worried about. When I took it out of the box she asked if I bought it new. I thought she knew that I had. I told her I would never buy an item like this used since it can't be washed out. That's when she got worried. I suppose she started to worry that the manufacturing oil was unsafe or something. Or that a factory worker put their hands in it or something.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

twinturbo

First bowl give her a pass. Fifth or so she has the same worry...

Jessica

I don't think she'll continue to worry, especially if she eats a bowl with no problems. I'm not sure why she has become so paranoid. I think it was when we went on vacation last year and everything was kind of out of our comfort zone. I'm glad she isn't foolhardy but she needs to be able to cope better because she's 17 and will be wanting to go do things on her own.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

twinturbo

Jessica

USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

nameless

40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview