FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: High school math class... and.. OREOS??  (Read 4900 times)

Description:

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: High school math class... and.. OREOS??
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 10:50:35 PM »
Yup.

It's in the workplace, too, if you pay attention.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

twinturbo

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 11:06:15 PM »
My whole point was that food incentives extend even beyond secondary education - it's apparently something they will never grow out of.

I know, I've been differentiating the research portion of the university from its education. If it's research it's not part of the curriculum or programs so it wouldn't be an education accommodation. Furthermore your minor has additional rights beyond that of an individual of majority in terms of being used as a subject.

Operationally it's two different areas unless the instructor connects the two with regard to the curriculum. Otherwise it can be ignored because it's not actually part of the class. Is this true in your case? I don't know but it's a huge part of what universities do.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2013, 06:39:19 AM »
My whole point was that food incentives extend even beyond secondary education - it's apparently something they will never grow out of.

It goes on in employment too.  Not necessarily candy...but food.  Sometimes as rewards, whether called that or not.

Office parties, lunches, BBQ, dinners - take a customer out for dinner/get taken out for dinner---schmooze to get that sale - most profitable employees taken out for dinner.

And the list goes on.