login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Shampoo for pn/tn allergy?  (Read 13569 times)

Description:

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
Re: Shampoo for pn/tn allergy?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 01:36:56 PM »
One of the Head and Shoulder's shampoos now has almond oil.  It's Dry Scalp Care with Almond Oil...just recently started seeing the new formulations on the shelf when I went to buy shampoo for DH.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 04:01:29 PM »
#&%^#$&%^!!!

:rant:

Why--why-why??!!
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

hk

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 04:25:26 PM »
We use kerastase.  I did have an unfortunate experience with something called Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo.  It contains egg whites.  The ONE time in 10 years that DH bought shampoo and then used it on DD.....

Offline Jessica

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 10:17:09 PM »

Well that sucks. Is there another OTC dandruff shampoo that everyone trusts (pn and tn)? DD is supposed to use t-sal and a prescription alternating with head and shoulders...

Luckily I found a completely full bottle of H&S that I bought a while back so we're set for now but eventually I'll have to get something.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2014, 11:38:08 AM »
I just realized I didn't actually read the ingredients since it was smack dab on the front under the name.  I'm assuming almond oil is actually in there.

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 09:54:19 PM »
I've switched, thanks to a wax build up in my hair due to cheap shampoos.  I now use Regis brand .. dark purple bottle.. only "weird" thing in it (IMO) is Raspberry seed oil.
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3