dermatrographic patients and SPT

Started by twinturbo, November 09, 2013, 03:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinturbo

Is anyone else in this unfortunate category of diagnosed dermatrographic urticaria? Ideally in regard to SPTs.

Macabre

Not dx but I seem to get something like this when my allergy load is high and I forget my daily meds.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

CMdeux

Yes, me-- which is why I haven't bothered with SPT for shellfish.   Sure, it'd be positive.  And probably 50-50 odds that so would the negative control and everything else, too.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

krasota

I can't do skin allergy testing unless it's the dead of winter.  Otherwise I just react to everything, including the negative control.  So lowering my allergen load is essential if I want skin testing.  I don't really have any need for skin testing at this point in my life, though, so it's a non-issue.
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

notashrimpwimp

Is that where your skin develops welts from pressure and you can write on your skin? If so, I've been diagnosed with it and my skin tests remain pretty accurate with a few false positives. My controls remain as they should be. I will have to ask my allergist along with all the questions I've been saving up.

YouKnowWho

DS2 has highly twitchy skin, uticaria, etc.

We have two things happen with spts - either we cannot get anything to react (including histamine) or it goes insane.  I swear our doctor does the testing anyway for poos and giggles.  He tends to base true results off the blood test.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

candyguru

-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview