login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: snacksafely.com  (Read 3010 times)

Description: Asked by school to use this list

Offline justme

snacksafely.com
« on: August 29, 2013, 12:05:54 PM »
I just received a note from ds' school regarding the list at snacksafely.com. One of ds' biggest reactions was to a Kraft product because they did (do?) not label for shared lines. I'm very surprised that even with a disclaimer they are not concerned about having food on a "safe list" that can, and does, cause reactions.  :disappointed:

Online YouKnowWho

Re: snacksafely.com
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 02:45:35 PM »
I see snacksafely two ways -

One to take a gander at allergy friendly food and decide if it meets my strict requirements.  I blow of Krapt listings.  But have seen others worthy of research.

Two - I see it as a decent tool for parents who are looking for options because of peanut or tree nut bans.  I don't care if you eat Krapt around my child, but I do not let my kid eat it because the risk is high.  So while I am worried about DS consuming a may contain, I am less worried about a may contain around him rather than a blatant contain, kwim?

I do not see Safe Snackly as an open opportunity to feed my child because it is vetted. Food still must come from home for my child to consume. 
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA