login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Rold Gold  (Read 5679 times)

Description:

Offline anxious

Rold Gold
« on: August 29, 2013, 08:30:02 PM »
I thought I remembered that there was a brand of Rold Gold pretzels with a nut warning on them. I was looking at different varieties but none of them had a nut warning on them. Is there one not safe for PA/TNA?

Offline SilverLining

Re: Rold Gold
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 10:44:31 PM »
Rold Gold is made by Frito Lay.

This page has links to specific dietary needs.  (US)

http://www.fritolay.com/your-health/for-special-dietary-needs.html

You can check products containing or produced with peanuts/nuts. 

Here's the page for Canada.

http://www.fritolay.com/your-health/for-special-dietary-needs-canadian.html

Offline brownie

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 05:55:31 AM »
I haven't seen one in the 10 years we've been eating it.  However, I called years ago and got a peanut free facility code (81) and stuck to that for years and years.  Since 99% of the products (the traditional stuff) by us have always been code 81, I don't really worry about it anymore, though maybe I should...ah, the website says only dipped pretzels are a concern in the US.  I've never seen those and I would have checked on something like that first.  Good to know!  Frito Lay is a go-to safe snack for us.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 05:57:17 AM by brownie »
2 ds's with PA, TNA and avoiding all seafood

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 06:00:41 AM »
I have never seen Rold Gold not safe for PA TNA. And there is very little that Frito Lay makes that is unsafe.  And they do, IMO label well.  I know there are other brands that are unsafe or have unsafe varieties.

Actually, I just remembered there is a chocolate-covered variety that at least used to be unsafe, probably still is. 
USA

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 10:04:50 AM »
Snyder's pretzels are the ones that I've known to be unsafe for PA since they added the pb filled pretzel sandwich things.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

JessPaq

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 12:31:41 PM »
Bach's is safe for PN/TN.
I also just bought UTZ Halloween pretzels (individual bags) in a large tub at BJ's (like a Costco) that state they are made in a PN/TN free facility.

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 01:35:09 PM »
We also use Rold Gold, and Bachmann.  Snyder dropped off the list due to the PB items they added, as Rebekah mentioned. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline tigerlily

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 03:06:32 PM »
I didn't check the Frito Lay link. I saw a PB warning on the Rold Gold whole wheat pretzels. Since then I haven't seen the whole wheat variety on the shelves or I just have tunnel vision for our products.
DS1-PA, TNA, SFA
DS2-NKA

Offline bleh

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 12:33:54 PM »
Bach's is safe for PN/TN.
I also just bought UTZ Halloween pretzels (individual bags) in a large tub at BJ's (like a Costco) that state they are made in a PN/TN free facility.
They also have utz mini cheese balls (individual bags) at sams club this year! I bought both a few weeks ago and the receipt checker was telling me it was a bit early to be stocking up for Halloween.
DD: PA/TNA/EA (baked eggs are okay)