DD hospital appointment today.

Started by eragon, September 19, 2013, 12:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eragon

skin prick tests showed positive to all environmental allergies, dust mite in particular a massive 15mm and still spreading after measurement taken.
Also cat, but not dog or rabbit.

small positive to milk, (has been able to eat small amounts of hard cheese with no problem so, as yet not too concerned)

positive to fresh soya but bloods also taken to give clearer result.

we will find out by letter the results in a couple of weeks.

meanwhile we carry on with avoidance as normal.

Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

CMdeux

:grouphug:

Always a new adventure, right??

Glad that she seems to be tolerating cheeses well, Eragon.  I worry so much about DD's calcium intake. 
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

eragon

thankfully her brother has grown out of his almond allergy and so we give her almond milk, and orange juice with calcium.

I am going to keep a close eye on this as it was only last year that they confirmed everything was intolerance rather than ige, but now things are changing.

If blood tests are unclear a food challenge may be the next step for soya.
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

eragon

so, food list we are avoiding for daughter is milk and soya, for her brother, peanuts/beans/egg/kiwi fruit/yeast extract (in some forms) and OAS for 3 fruits. which isnt too bad...

the environmental allergies are for both, tree pollen, hay fever, mold, cat, dust mite and dog for son.

trying not to feel worried about this.....

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview