login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: update on baked milk progress (suevv)  (Read 3977 times)

Description:

Offline AdminCM

• Administrator

Offline suevv

Re: update on baked milk progress (suevv)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 06:03:04 PM »
Just wanted to share the latest on our baked egg/milk journey with two words:  pumpkin pie!!

(We are supposed to go back for new scratch tests soon.)

Offline suevv

Re: update on baked milk progress (suevv) - milk challenge set
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 12:50:19 PM »
OK - here we go.  We have a milk challenge set for May 18.  Allergist insisted on a scratch test, which we did yesterday.  DS had a 3mm wheal and 4 mm flare.  Allergist says he has a 90 percent chance of passing. 

It's going to be a long 5 weeks waiting!

Sue

Offline suevv1

goodbye dairy allergy (suevv)
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 02:15:18 PM »
Hi all,

I can't believe I'm really typing this - but DS passed his dairy challenge.  It was last Friday.  I waited a few days to report because I wanted to be sure it was true.  But he has been gobbling cheese and ice cream and yogurt for a few days now, so it's real I think.

Honestly, I had been mentally composing a post to you all about how he didn't pass and how we'd get there someday, but how I was soooo disappointed.  But as the hours wore on during the test, it dawned on me that we were going to make it, and I just couldn't believe it.  It's hard to get my mind around it.  I bought a half gallon of ice cream on Saturday, and almost started crying in the checkout line.  So many options open to us now....

Needless to say, I hope and pray that we will all have this feeling some day - and will leave all these evil allergies behind.

Lots of love,
Sue 
p.s. This is suevv posting as suevv1 because I couldn't log in for some reason!

Offline TabiCat

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 02:19:58 PM »
Oh that is fantastic news!! :thumbsup:
Ds - Peanut and Tree nut and a  host of enviro

Texas

Offline Ree

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 09:21:20 PM »
Awesome!!!  Congrats!! :thumbsup:
DS1 (11) - PA
DS2 (9) - MA, EA, PA, TN (on baked milk for 1 year)
DS3 (7) - KNA