FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: 504 index - Suggestions  (Read 4162 times)

Description:

Offline LinksEtc

504 index - Suggestions
« on: September 28, 2013, 10:29:37 AM »
If you have suggestions for the 504 index threads, feel free to post them here!

-------------------

ETA - There are a lot of index threads which may be confusing at first.

This is the "main/top-level" index thread:
504 index - Helping others understand the process & Organizing board info

Here is a thread covering 504 plan basics:
504 index - 504 Plan Basics

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 12:41:27 PM by LinksEtc »

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
Re: 504 index - Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 07:08:32 PM »
504 Accommodation Plans -- actual examples of plans as posted

And, thank you!   :smooch:
Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

twinturbo

I think a link to as of this point yet unmade automated slideshow of HowTo would be great. Like a FAQ.

Did you see how I suggested a bunch of work for someone but didn't volunteer to do it? Next I'll be asking for TPS reports.

Offline LinksEtc

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 02:21:43 PM »
Ajas - Yes, that definitely makes sense

-------------------------------------------------

TT - Nice idea ... Although I'm not volunteering for that one  ;D

I'll be happy to link to it though!   :)

-------------------------------------------------

:heart:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 02:24:31 PM by LinksEtc »

twinturbo

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 10:04:42 AM »
College 504 resources
transitioning from FAPE
internship management
postsecondary accommodations wrt to laws
privately proctored college entrance exams

dedicated, but generalized for use by public to draw upon

Offline LinksEtc

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 12:10:06 PM »
TT, I started an index college thread for at least some of that.

---------

BTW, suggestions posted here can also point out regular threads on the school (or other) board that have great examples, lessons learned, issues raised, etc. that might be good to stick into an existing index thread.

If you don't like something that I did include or certain wording that I used in an index thread, feel free to post those opinions here also!

Offline LinksEtc

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 02:57:43 PM »
Do you guys like the setup of these index threads?

I'm closer to getting them to a point I'm satisfied with ... just need to smooth them out a bit & do the finishing touches.

----------

Well, I'm done skimming the threads from 9/17/11.  If anybody knows of any threads before that which provide useful info and/or a unique perspective/lesson, please post them here so that they can be incorporated into the index threads.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 08:28:42 AM by LinksEtc »

twinturbo

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 11:05:16 AM »
I'd like to hear from others dealing with low threshold milk allergy their experience with getting the same sort of accommodations peanut allergy is afforded in allergen reduction. Milk has by far been the biggest barrier to participation in any educational program with USDA funding. USDA even has special milk programs to supply kids with cow milk. I have never found an official source that will treat a milk allergy other than an individual nutritional issue supposedly resolved by special diet substitution as if the answer would be the same for a dietary choice rather than allergen regardless of history of anaphylaxis and measured threshold.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/SP_07_CACFP_04_SFSP_05-2010_os.pdf

In order for a child with legally and medically defined milk allergy to be released from drinking "fluid milk" the patient must provide medical statements to prove it. That's just to be released from it being served to milk allergic child. The USDA is quite frankly my greatest enemy when it comes to milk allergy.

10. What type of documentation must be submitted to the school to request a milk substitute for a child with a medical or special dietary need other than a disability?

The written request from the medical authority or the parent/guardian must identify the student’s medical or other special dietary need that precludes the consumption of cow’s milk. No other information is required.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:26:42 AM by twinturbo »