FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Teens and Food Allergies

Teen Traveling with School: Hotel Concerns and Meals Away

<< < (5/17) > >>

Macabre:
Thank you nameless!

Macabre:
The coach has already told kids in his room they can't bring/but anything with peanuts (and we actually meet next week--haven't met yet). :heart: DS said one kid wants to make a curry dinner for the suite. I am nervous about that.

It could be awkward, but I'm thinking of finding out what spices he needs, getting several small Nalgene bottles at The Container Store and sending Penzey's. We've also got two Penzey's stores hers, so I should be able to get anything. Hopefully.

Mookie86:
Mac, maybe your ds can contact the kid and say that he'd like to help him with the meal and your ds would be happy to provide the spices, or whatever ingredients concern you. 

nameless:
Allergies aside...making Curry in a hotel kitchen/suite is NAAAAAAASTY after-smell that will linger for days and days and days...

They should consider that, or consider carefully which night they'll do it.

Adrienne

Macabre:
Oh good point nameless. That is certainly true in our house.

Nameless the quinoa cake recipe--if you have the have to find it, it would be great to have.

Okay--packing prepared food to go on a plane:  how would y'all do that?

RC I didn't initially see your post about the hummus and Wholly Guacamole at Sam's. that may motivate me to get a membership there again. We used to have it for the purpose if getting our safe pecans, but then I noticed a warning on them, so I didn't renew my membership. Then I called the pecans and nothing had actually changed in their processes.  So we may but them again. I'll see if I can find the singles elsewhere first. I love that idea.

Oh this is so much more expensive to have an allergy.  $25 for an additional checked bag.

But I'm so happy he is going to have this experience--away without us for several days. It will be a good thing for him--and for us--in preparing for the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version