FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Ghirardelli Melting Wafers  (Read 8424 times)

Description:

Offline GoingNuts

Ghirardelli Melting Wafers
« on: October 04, 2013, 11:06:32 AM »
Seen toddy in stop n Shop - in dark and white chocolate. Only warnings are for milk and soy.

For candy making.  :thumbsup:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline YouKnowWho

Re: Ghirardelli Melting Wafers
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 08:04:26 PM »
Seen toddy in stop n Shop - in dark and white chocolate. Only warnings are for milk and soy.

For candy making.  :thumbsup:

You were supposed to tell me this last week.   

Now I will just have to drive all the way up there again  :evil:  (I think we are going up again in November or I will be sending DH with an extra bag to smuggle stuff home on the plane)

Stop and Shop rocks!  I came home with two bags of stuff for DS1 that I can't find at home.  But oy, the prices (though I must say the GF stuff was way lower than some of our specialty and grocery stores but the prices of the regular groceries just killed me).
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 10:40:55 AM »
Does Ghiradelli label for shared lines?  They've been unsafe for us, so I haven't paid too much attention to them.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline Jessica

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 01:49:58 PM »
I thought they did but someone on the facebook group posted something (email or from the site, not sure) that listed the nuts in the facility and that they no longer use peanuts and clean between runs. I'll try to find it.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 01:51:44 PM »
here it is. It was an email. To me it sounds like they don't use shared lines, but it is a shared facility.

Thank you for your email regarding Ghirardelli Chocolate. Ghirardelli currently manufactures products containing the following tree nuts: almonds, coconut and hazelnuts; all the bars and squares made in the facility share equipment with products containing these tree nuts. Ghirardelli no longer uses peanuts in our facility; we stopped using them in the year 2011.

Ghirardelli takes the following measures to reduce cross contamination on our production lines: lines are cleaned between the changing from one product to the next.

The chocolate chips (60% Bittersweet, Semi-Sweet, Mini Semi-Sweet, Double Chocolate and Milk Chocolate) do not contain tree nuts; moreover, the chocolate chips line does not make products containing tree nuts. The Classic White Chips are produced by a co - manufacturer and are made on equipment that makes products containing peanuts and tree nuts.

We hope you continue to enjoy our products in the future.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 03:59:30 PM »
That is good information to have! Thanks!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts