FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Halloween 2013  (Read 5866 times)

Description:

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
Re: Halloween 2013
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 02:27:35 PM »
I have found haloween sized rolos this year.  Dd likes those.  I have not seen Junior mints yet, but usually get some of those. 

Will have to look for sixlets!  Dd will be glad to know those are ok again. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 09:27:59 PM »
Bought assorted package with junior mints, tootsie rolls, dots and charleston chews.  Was at Whole Paycheck earlier in the day and they finally had Fancypants halloween cookies so I bought a ghost, a witch and a cat.

Online Mezzo

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2013, 06:51:29 AM »
Halloween with a peanut allergy AND braces is going to suck. At least she's getting really old and should just be able to handle a stash of chocolate and mints.

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2013, 07:22:18 AM »
My dd totally cheats on the braces rules now, after 2 years in them.  But she was very good for a long time.  I do not approve of th echeating, but at 14, its her mouth and I recite all toe consequences each time.  FWIW, she has not broken any braces on candy.  I worry about all the sugar, though.

That said, Junior mints are good for braces, well, easy to eat.  I ordered dd some suncups as well.  She can manage skittles as they are small and do not actually get into her brackets the way she chews them.  But certainly are against the rules. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline maeve

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 01:52:41 PM »
DD hasn't gotten her braces yet, so this will likely be the last Halloween she can have the verboten candy.

If only Jr Mints were OK for egg allergy.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2013, 09:15:01 PM »
Simply amazing.  Probably too sweet for some. Found at a Super Target at the front with the special seasonal food and at a regular Target on an endcap in the grocery area.

Made in Canada!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts