login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: PF-free college football game  (Read 4178 times)

Description:

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: PF-free college football game
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 01:05:22 PM »
Oh, that is so cool. But really, if there were just a (decent) section, that'd be good. Well, kind of.  We change shoes before getting into the car the few times we have gone to games or rodeos. There is always so much peanut detritus on the walkways.

I wanted to quote this:

Peanut allergies affect about five of every 1,000 Americans and are on the rise, said Raoul Wolf, chief of the pediatric allergy and immunology section at University of Chicago Medicine. Though closed environments like airplanes pose a greater danger, stadiums can be “a huge risk,” Wolf said. “If you can smell the peanuts, there’s enough protein in the air to cause a bad reaction. For the most sensitive patients, it’s not a risk worth taking.”
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator

Offline Mookie86

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 10:32:51 PM »
Yikes, hezz.  I hadn't heard about that blog.  Unfortunately, the backlash isn't surprising.  :-/

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 08:24:58 AM »
Oh, that is so cool. But really, if there were just a (decent) section, that'd be good. Well, kind of.  We change shoes before getting into the car the few times we have gone to games or rodeos. There is always so much peanut detritus on the walkways.

I wanted to quote this:

Peanut allergies affect about five of every 1,000 Americans and are on the rise, said Raoul Wolf, chief of the pediatric allergy and immunology section at University of Chicago Medicine. Though closed environments like airplanes pose a greater danger, stadiums can be “a huge risk,” Wolf said. “If you can smell the peanuts, there’s enough protein in the air to cause a bad reaction. For the most sensitive patients, it’s not a risk worth taking.”

You know TCU has a peanut-free section at all the home games, right?  They mentioned it on the news yesterday when talking about Northwestern.  They said it was started by an alumni season ticket holder.  :thumbsup:
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 11:30:01 AM »
Go Frogs!!

That is so cool. I wish we could go.

They are playing in Iowa next month. I want to go, but dealing with peanuts is just too much to consider--even if DS stayed here (and he would need to do that because he'll have rehearsal).

And the tickets were sooooo expensive. Blech. 

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 05:48:41 PM »
I heard about this on Minnesota Public Radio. 

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!