FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Adults with Food Allergies

Anyone experience back pain from Allergic reaction?

(1/4) > >>

Lou:
I have had a soy allergy for the last two years and as you know its challenging to eat anything that doesnt have soy in it. Lately i have been having back pain in the area where my kidney are. I went to the urologist to get checked out thinking it was kidney stones or something related. Everything came back clear and i was told it is not my kidneys.

I have been having this constant soreness in my lower flanks. Just curious if anyone else has experience with this

Any input would be helpful!

Thanks

Lou

SilverLining:
I've never heard of that as a symptom of allergies.  I'm no doctor though.

CMdeux:
CONSTANT pain, no.

This kind of flank pain also sounds too high up to be the uterine smooth muscle, which would be typical of cramping during a major allergic reaction.

Just curious-- how were you diagnosed with your soy allergy?  What happens when you eat soy?

Lou:
My allergies are complicated, i started having chest discomfort and arm pressure which started my medical journey. After ruling out heart conditions, i went to the GI dr thinking it was related to reflux. Upper Gi showed i have Eosoniphilic Esophagitis, which is triggered often by food allergies. Went to the allergist and did a panel test which showed im very allergic to soy, hops, cherries, and nuts. When i avoid these foods i feel a lot better.

Just cant explain the back pain, maybe its caffeine thats bothering me? Food allergies are very frustrating and soy is the worst. I eat alot of organic food which helps avoid soy.

Thanks for the replies

Lou

CMdeux:
Lou-- caffeine might really be the culprit.  I'm trying to recall where I read it, and it was MANY years ago, but caffeine (or maybe it was coffee??) was implicated in a particular type of kidney stone at one point in time, I think.

Allergy-- even EE, which is notorious for producing PAIN as a major symptom-- would be a really unusual explanation for this one, I tihnk.

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version